Fam, there just never seems to be enough hours in the day!
That’s why, as a writer and authorpreneur, I’m always on the look out for more ways to be productive.
Last Tuesday, I wrote about how technology can help increase your productivity. (BTW, how’d that work out for yaw?)
And this Tuesday, I decided to explore a topic that I enjoy even more than computer gadgetry — Food!
Alright, Fam, I already know what you’re thinking….I’m just trying to find a way to justify eating more chocolate. But no. I mean, yes, dark chocolate is on my top ten list, but that’s not why I’m doing this. LOL!
I really am just trying to help. And if I can help you eat something healthy that can enrich your body and brain, energize you and make you more productive, why not do it, right?
O.K. Here we go….
1. DARK CHOCOLATE. Having one small bar a day will satisfy your cravings for sweets — Let’s be real, milk chocolate is better — but this will give you a load of antioxidants whereas a Hershey’s bar just gives you calories.
2. LOW FAT YOGURT. Yogurt is refreshing, cool and yummy with fruit and granola. It’s also a great, tasteful wake up call for your mind.
3. GREEN TEA. Probably one of the trendiest tea’s out there, but it’s also very healthy for your brain and body, because it’s full of antioxidants and strengthens your immune system.
4. ALMONDS. Great brain fuel.
6. WALNUTS. An excellent source of protein, these nuts are full of omega 3 fatty acids – yes, the same important acids found in fish like salmon. They also help you think more clearly and keep you focused.
7. SUNFLOWER SEEDS. A popular way to beat fatigue and test your patience. LOL!
8. CARROTS. I love carrots, especially dipped in ranch dressing. A great source of Vitamin A, which improves your eyesight, especially in the dark, you can also drink carrot juice — which surprisingly taste like milk to me. I don’t, though, suggest you dip your cookies in it. :
9. STRAWBERRIES. As with carrots, strawberries can also improve your eye sight. Just think how much more productive you could be if you could actually see what you were doing. 🙂
10. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, WATER. The healthiest drink on the planet, nothing beats it. It speeds up your metabolism, makes you feel fuller instead of eating junk and keeps you hydrated.
So there you go — My top ten ways to increase productivity. But I know there’s more, so chime in!
Fam, what do you snack on during the day that increases your productivity? And don’t say coffee, ’cause that ain’t good for you. LOL!